Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Portland and Seward Park

Quick recap.

Saturday was the Alpenrose Qualifier for Elite Track Nationals. Through their interesting system to try to get as many people qualified as possible, I managed to qualify in the scratch race. So I'm headed to LA in October for a beating with Liz and Jen! I can't wait - I think it's going to be an amazing experience, no matter how I perform.

Sunday I raced the end-of-season Seward Park crit. It was my second race as a Cat 3, and a hill-repeat crit to boot. Even though I got dropped, I managed to put out some crazy power numbers, so I'm pretty happy with my performance in the end. Hopefully I can use that power and some good prep to get ready for nats!

Tonight: a field test. Thursday: motorpacing. Friday: racing. Sunday: final road race of the season.

Then it's time to focus, and head into the homestretch of the track season. (:

No comments: