Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tuesday Ride

After Mary-Lynne motivated me to get up off my ass I rode my bike like I was supposed to. I threw on my bright, clean kit, and chose the mid-tinted sunglasses. The light sunglasses were instrumental in coaxing the sun out from behind his clouds.

After only a few blocks, I couldn't help but smile at everyone on the road.

I enjoyed the smells of green things growing in the sunlight, of freshly laid mulch by the boathouse, of water running over rocks near Madrona Park.

In between intervals I sang verses of Clocks. And I did it without the reminders it used to bring.

I gathered motivation as I rode. I thought of my goals. I thought of my progress. And I thought of all the happiness that riding and racing has brought me so far. It's been a crazy ride. And as we hit the halfway point on the year and the season, oh, what a ride it shall continue to be!

No comments: