Tuesday, August 04, 2009

BIENVENIDO A MEDELLIN!

I am in Medellin for my friends Carolina and Daniel's wedding. They are friends I know from working in Houston. Carolina's father's family is from Colombia (her mother is from Bolivia). I am really enjoying practicing some of my Spanish, and even more I'm enjoying catching up with a bunch of great friends I had in Houston! Elisa, Nichole, Carolina, and Daniel are all here, as well as Lesley and Dasia.

My adventures are best told with photos, so I've tried to document my travels thus far as best I can with my iPhone camera.

First, Caro's grandparents' house from the front:


This is the courtyard in the middle of the house:


Make sure you catch the fountain:


These are our bunkbeds:


Here's the kitchen (yes those are the maids):


The "driveway" from the gate to the house (which I've started to call an estate):


The grandparents' room:


The vegetable garden!


Carolina under a beautiful moss-covered tree in the "yard":


The aviary:


There are SO many more rooms, and so much more to show. I'll stop here for now. Watch for more posts!

No comments: