Sunday, June 01, 2008

Training, New Friends, and a Great Conversation

This weekend was amazing for my training. I raced the track Friday, which totally trashed my legs for the remainder of the weekend. The crit on Saturday started off great for a few laps, then I found myself at the back of the pack for the rest of the race. But I did still manage to hang on. Today was the hill road race, and I got popped off the main group 3/4 of the way up the hill. That's ok, because I ended up working with an amazing group of gals who kept me strong, positive, and having fun every single minute of that race! Plus I reached my goal of working my butt off for 3 days in a row.

And tonight ended with a great conversation that will lead me in a brand new direction from now on.

I love progress. And this weekend was full of progress, on all fronts.

Next weekend: the Minnesota Fixed Gear Classic!!! (Full schedule here.)

No comments: