Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July Weekend Highlights (and not-so-highlights)

July 4th morning - Women's Open crit. Got gapped in the first 10 minutes, then pulled from the race.

July 4th evening - Friday Night Track. 3 races:
1) Win-and-Out. Beth (Cat 1 roadie, new cat 3 trackie) takes the win with a late flyer, Amara takes second, I take 3rd.
2) Keirin. I draw the obligation. While attempting to take the motor, my wheel slips and the chain falls off. They restart the race, but as I'm clipping in, I realize my crank arm is loose. No Keirin points for me. At least I get to race the repechage.
3) 20-lap scratch. People take primes. I chill. I take some pulls. I end up at the front on the last lap. I slow. Amara jumps between turns 3 and 4. I chase. I sprint around. I win!!

July 5th morning - Omnium Road Race. The hill shatters the field. Two teammates and I end up in a breakaway with one other gal. We are tired. We do not attack. Other gal almost wins. Uphill sprint for the finish and I overtake her for the win!!

July 6th morning - TT. 10 miles. 1-mile hill. I use Heidi ahead to pace me up the hill. I take second!!

July 6th afternoon - Crit. More teammates show up. I lose my head, and get stuck on the inside for the last corner of the last lap. Whoops. Pull off 7th. 2nd or 3rd in Omnium!!!

GREAT weekend. VERY happy. Feeling quite on form for FSA in 2 weeks. More good things to come.

No comments: